At present, the company’s main focus is centered on advanced roadway and rail track roadbed (ballast and sub-ballast) solutions.
A summary of the main benefits associated with the use of L.E. Geosolutions’ products and technical support services in these applications is provided below:
- Layer thickness optimization resulting in initial material cost savings of 10% to 15%
- Up to 5-fold design life extension
- Cost-neutral pavements with “free design life extension”
- 3-fold decrease in the rate of reflective crack propagation
- Increased resistance to asphalt rutting and fatigue life
- Enhanced performance of spot repairs such as potholes, areas subjected to intense local cracking, etc.
- Ballast/Sub-ballast thickness reduction of up to 50%
- 3- to 5-fold reduction in ballast settlement rates
- Aggregate thickness reduction
- Material cost savings of up to 50%
- More environmentally friendly construction practices
- Reduction in the required thickness of asphalt, Portland Cement Concrete (PCC) or Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC)